Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Growing Small Group

Thursday was a fantastic discussion at small group. I felt like it was the first time we have had a lot of 'real' discussion with each other about life and struggles and inspiration. I think Jill first brought up that her faith is often stretched, challenged, and ultimately grown through conflict. I hope that our group can be a place where people aren't afraid to speak up about their personal interpretation of scripture or God's view on social issues. And I hope it brings conflict (friendly conflict, of course!) and causes us to remember the discussion throughout the week. Mull over it and come back with even more. Our small group has the potential to be a safe place for us to share our beliefs and engage in the intellectual spiritual conversation we crave.

Warehouse 242 small group has been a refreshing break from the mundane and 'churchy' small groups I have been involved in before. I think Beth Moore bible studies are great ... but its not my way of connecting to God. So far, in reading the old testament and cross referencing throughout the bible I have felt more and more excited about watching the way God unfolded His plan for humanity. It brings me closer to Him and makes me feel like He really does have it all under control.

You guys are awesome ... can't wait to see you at Jill's on Thursday!

-Christa

2 comments:

  1. Christa,

    I LOVE what you said. I completely agree that while Beth Moore studies and others of the same kind are fantastic, they are not a very 'natural' way for me to study the Bible. I love your encouraging words and I want to reiterate that I LOVE our small group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Christian from India and while travelling through the cyberspace, lookin gor some biblical refereces on Isaac and Jacob,found your blog door open. The discussions sounded interesting and thought of joining your small group. Thanks for letting me in.

    ReplyDelete